Meeting loved up couples saying " I promise to......" in 2020, 2021 & 2022
Firstly, congratulations on becoming engaged.
This page will run your through everything you need to know about getting married, from our initial contact, meetings, the legal paperwork, ceremony format, ceremony rehearsal.
I believe an amazing celebrant will take you on a stress-free journey and on the day create magic for you.
When you first contact me, I will ask a few questions, wedding date & time, location to ensure I am available for you.
Our First Meeting
One of my favourite things to do is meet new couples; so, you can get to know me and my style and I can get to know you both and what you are looking for from your day. Some of the questions I ask you won’t have the answer too yet. But as long as I get you thinking about elements of your day that you hadn’t yet thought of.
I will ask you to bring a few things along:
– an original: (1) *Birth Certificate; or (2) an *official extract of an entry in an official register (*preferable if born in Australia), or (3) an Australian or overseas Passport showing the date and place of birth; and
– if providing a Birth Certificate, a driver’s licence or a Passport by way of photo ID; and
– evidence of any name changes (if applicable); and
– evidence of any divorce or death of a party’s spouse (if applicable).
I will explain all legal documentation to you, including the Notice of Intended Marriage form (‘the NOIM’) and the Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage (‘the Declaration’). The NOIM must be completed no earlier than 18 months and no later than one month before the date of the marriage.
The Declaration is usually signed closer to your ceremony date (for example, this will be done at a rehearsal approx. 1-2 weeks before your ceremony).
A significant obligation of a marriage celebrant is to advise you on the availability of relationship education services. Whilst this is not compulsory to you getting married, it is important. There are various courses available to help you develop and maintain strong and healthy relationships.
Once the NOIM is signed, I will provide you with a brochure titled Happily Ever…Before and After which contains Important Information for couples planning to marry.
I will be upfront with my fees, booking fee and refund policy. If you are happy to engage my services and an agreement has been reached, I will ask you to sign a Service Agreement and Statement of Fees.
In terms of time, I anticipate spending anywhere from 10-15 hours with you on activities like email communications, telephone calls, meetings, ceremony document preparation, rehearsal, managing and performing your ceremony.
Whilst Celebrant fees can vary depending on level of experience, inclusions and location etc. I will tailor a package that best suits you. My fees are reasonable and competitive and enable me to perform at my best to conduct your wedding day in the most professional manner.
Legals Only/Elopement Ceremony’
Ideal for very small ceremonies, with limited inclusions Contact Me for more details.
‘Full Personalised Ceremony’
In summary, this package includes:
– all correspondence with you by phone and email
– unlimited meetings with you to discuss your special day
– thorough explanation, preparation and correct lodgement of all legal documents
– advice in relation to your order of ceremony, vows and readings
– personalised ceremony document preparation
– discussion on the availability of relationship education services (pre-marriage counselling)
– advice in relation to the Name Change process
– a rehearsal, in preparation for your ceremony (location as agreed)
– your ceremony
– a personal PA system, with the capability of playing music through Blue Tooth
– signing table, linen and 2 white padded Americana chairs, candles and rose petals (*provided if needed, at no cost)
– travel up to 1 hour (*additional fees may apply).
I offer Intimate wedding packages ideal for Elopements and Small Ceremonies for up to 25 guests.
Inclusions range from Celebrant and Photographer only through to our Ultimate packages with Celebrant, Photographer, Americana chairs, Arbour, Flowers, Hair & Make-up and personalised vow cards. However, all of my intimate wedding packages include Champagne for the Bride & Groom.
If you are flexible with dates and location and want to save $$, Contact me for more details and request a brochure.
Whilst based in Brisbane, I do travel up and down the QLD Coast most weekends between the Sunshine Coast and Northern NSW (including Toowoomba). I am also willing to travel to your dream location outside of these areas, by special arrangement.
In addition to the above, I can also help you to complete an application form to the QLD Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages, for an official copy of your Marriage Certificate to be sent to you after your Ceremony. As at 2 July 2018, the application fee (payable by you) to the QLD Registry is $48.20 plus postage. *Fees may vary from State to State (e.g. $58.00 for marriages in NSW).